Nirethia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgiveness sounds better than revenge...

Marina
    Marina

Antal inlägg : 2343
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-06-21
    Ålder : 33

Forgiveness sounds better than revenge... Empty Forgiveness sounds better than revenge...

Post  Marina Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:41 pm

It was a typical day at the Court, and Marina was working at her paperwork and when she looked around, she realized it was only she, Dymas and Fa at the room. She took a deep breath, it was needed to end this now, and she couldn’t live with this revenge anymore. A new life was going to start for her, she was going to become a mother, and she couldn’t live with these dreadful feelings, not anymore.

Decided, Marina opened her draw and got those journals she hid since the day Sara gave them to her. She walked towards to Dymas’ desk, and placed those books in front of him, “I believe I don’t need those anymore…”, she said blankly and folded her arms. Dymas glanced up to the books that now were on his table, and then he looked up to Marina, frowning sternly. “Where did you get it?”, he demanded… “I got them from your daughter, Sara. She’s a friend of mine…”, Marina said with a small smile.

“You, her friend?”, Dymas looked down to his journals and took one of them. He leafed through briefly, “Why did you want to read those… It’s from years ago.”

Marina looked down for a moment, trying to keep her strong and calm countenance towards him, “Because I wanted to understand why you wanted to kill Cassim Dalmar”, she said looking up to his face, “I wanted to understand why you wanted my father dead”, her voice was clear and calm. The look into Dymas’ face was priceless, Marina almost smiled when the man realized who she was… “My daughter…. You took her from me…”, he said with a furious gaze towards her, “Your father…. Your father was a traitor, he deserved to die, and so you do”, he said darkly.

“No, Lord Dymas… You took my father from me. You and Joseph Korso schemed his death, you punished John when he refused to kill him… I didn’t take your daughter from you, she chose to leave you, but my father no, he didn’t choose to die.”, Marina said calmly, refusing to show how much his death still hurt her. She took a deep breath, and used all of her strength to keep strong, “But I forgive you. I forgive you and Joseph of killing my father”, saying that, Marina felt like the weight of the world was being pulled out from her back. She was free again, free to be herself, and to have a lighter life, without any thought or revenge or guilty on her shoulders. She learned well from her breaking up with John, and all she wanted to do now was being a better person from what she was during almost seven years.

“Korso is at town again, I can make him go after you, just like I sent him after Cassim…” Dymas said coldly, facing Marina furiously, not caring about if she forgave or not what he did, Cassim needed to be killed, period, and he didn’t regret that… But if she knew about the secret Cassim knew, then she needed to be killed, like her father was.
    “I might know what you and Joseph did that cost my father’s life… But differently from my father, I won’t trust you, Dymas… You can see there were some pages missing from your journal… If something happens to me, these pages go directly to the king’s hands… And I only ask something in return… You can keep doing your dirty job, I won’t judge you, and it’s not in my hands to do such… But if John refuses to do any of your jobs you won’t punish him and you never say him I was the one who made you stop the punishing, or these pages go to the royals… Like you I have someone of trust into the castle… And this person will know if you break the deal”, she said firmly, looking straight into his eyes.

Dymas scoffed, “After what John did to you, you still care about him, you’re weak Marina. John already forgot about you… Don’t waste your time with him…”, he said with a small smile.

Marina knew he was trying to hurt her, to make her feel weak, but he didn’t do it, instead made her feel stronger… “John has free will, he can do whatever he wants, and yes, I do care of him, because I did hurt him and I’ll do whatever it’s needed to see him happy”, she said simply and sincerely.

“What about my daughter, will you ever give her back to me?”, he asked coldly, “Sara has free will, and she’ll come back to you whenever she wants, but I do give you a little advice. You have your chance to have your family back, don’t spoil it. Listen to your daughter, make her listen to you… It’s sad seeing a family broken Dymas, I know that… Just take this new chance with all you being, and don’t ever make the same mistakes, because it can ruin your life, Dymas”, Marina said sincerely, and then Dymas mumbled moody, “Fine… we have a deal”

Marina smiled softly and watched as he kept his journals into his drawer. She decided to have a little talk with Sara, perhaps make the girl give a second chance to her father. Everybody deserved a second chance, even Dymas or the Korsos twins.

Once she passed through the door frame, Marina breathed in relief, and almost cried of happiness. She was feeling good now, like she reborn inside that room. She giggled happily and then felt a little kick on her stomach which made her look down with a bright smile, “Alright… Let’s go to the barkery so you can have some cookies”, she said softly to her unborn child and put one hand gently over her little pregnancy lump as she walked out from the court.