Nirethia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Sharing the News (tags: John)

Odette
    Odette

Antal inlägg : 5502
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-06-21
    Ålder : 33

Sharing the News (tags: John) Empty Sharing the News (tags: John)

Post  Odette Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Odette headed to the mansion, she had been careful to wear a dress that concealed the baby bump. It was only when someone was close enough that they could see a small bump. She still needed to tell John the news as he did have some right to know...after all...even if she did dread having to tell him. She knocked on the door of th mansion and was led inside as the servant woman hurried off to get John.
    xJohn Rolfe
    xJohn Rolfe

Antal inlägg : 615
    Ålder : 37

Sharing the News (tags: John) Empty Re: Sharing the News (tags: John)

Post  xJohn Rolfe Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:20 pm

John looked up from his paperwork as one of the maids approached him with one of those too-sweet-smiles. "Mr. Rolfe, Lady Odette is here to see you," She said with a light bow. "Ah, really...? Well then, I'll be right out," He chuckled slightly. She scurried off as John stacked his paperwork back into the neat piles on his desk.

He fixed his shirt cuffs as he walked out into the living room where Odette was. "Hi there," he smiled a sweet, charming smile towards the blonde. "What brings you here, Miss Odette?" He questioned, rolling his sleeves up aimlessly and tilting his head to the side curiously.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:26 pm

She studied him cautiously and then looked down and away from him, "I need to talk to you in private...something's come up." She said in a blank tone of voice as she turned her head to study him...he wasn't saying anything rude so far..she hoped it stayed that way.
    xJohn Rolfe
    xJohn Rolfe

Post  xJohn Rolfe Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:33 pm

John frowned, seeing the way she was regarding him. But, he figured he deserved it. He had not left things on good grounds, and he knew that. "Oh, certainly!" He chimed, nodding his head to her request. "We can speak in my study," He smiled lightly to her and led her to the office he had. It was warm and comfortable. He leaned against his desk and eyed her curiously. "Odette...I apologize for how I acted with you...But, things have changed," he assured her gently, offering her a small, honest smile.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:39 pm

She nodded, "I'm going to need more then just your word John...however that's not why I'm here." She said quietly and twisted her hands nervously, "I...I'm pregnant." She said eventually.
    xJohn Rolfe
    xJohn Rolfe

Post  xJohn Rolfe Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:45 pm

John's eyebrows shot up, but he said nothing for a long moment, simply taking in the information. It couldn't be his baby -- she'd be showing more if it were. He tilted his head a bit, finally noticing the bump protruding underneath her dress. "How far along are you?" He asked, a curious gleam to his eyes and a small smile playing on the corner of his lips.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 pm

She sighed, "Two months...almost three in a few days." She said and touched her stomach with a sigh, "Its Michaels." She said quietly and with a flat tone as she let her hand fall.
    xJohn Rolfe
    xJohn Rolfe

Post  xJohn Rolfe Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:51 pm

John staggered slightly. "Michael's? As in, Michael Korso?" He asked, his hand clenching on his desk slightly. "Are you positive?" He asked, his voice showing he wanted to know she wasn't sure -- that it could be a mistake.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 pm

She turned away from him, "I'm sure...it happened the...the day after the incident with Marina and our break-up. He...he was there for me...and I...I....I was being stupid as usual." She muttered angrily and rubbed her forehead as she tried to calm herself down. "He says its not good-bye but he's leaving me...all because I got fucking pregnant." She said with a choked sob.
    xJohn Rolfe
    xJohn Rolfe

Post  xJohn Rolfe Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:04 pm

John sighed, looking down and shaking his head. "Odette, you know that's not true," He mumbled to her sour words towards herself. He moved over to her and gently pulled her into a tender hug, smoothing her hair down. He wouldn't comment on Micheal's choice of fathering. He wasn't surprised by it. But, he hated that the man was doing it to Odette. "I'm sorry, Odette..."
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Odette started to cry then and hugged him as small sobs escaped, she was inwardly horrified at the fact that she was bawling into her ex's shirt. She slowly managed to get ahold of herself and pulled away as she wiped at the tears on her face, "Must be something wrong with me huh?" She asked dryly and with a bitter laugh.
    xJohn Rolfe
    xJohn Rolfe

Post  xJohn Rolfe Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:18 pm

John scowled and shook his head. "There is nothing wrong with you, Odette. Never has been," He said simply, shrugging his shoulders. "Are you sure you're ready for a baby, though?" he questioned after a long moment.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:26 pm

She sighed, "Yes.....I'll admit, I was...stunned when I found out I was pregnant but this baby it needs me...and I want to be a good mother. I want to raise my child, and give it the kind of childhood I never had...and I want him or her to be free." She said softly as she touched her stomach again.
    Belle Rolfe
    Belle Rolfe

Antal inlägg : 1296

Post  Belle Rolfe Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:28 pm

John pursed his lips and nodded, looking down for a moment. "Well...I guess I can't judge. I mean, after what I did, I'm surprised I'm even allowed to be a father. But, Damon has changed things for me," he said simply, shrugging his shoulders lightly. "You know Marina and I will be here for you, Odette..."
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:34 pm

She nodded, "I know...and I'm happy for that really, I...I just, I'm not going to be in town after today. Its best if I just keep a low profile, at least until this baby is born. I already have a bad enough reputation...and this...it could become ugly." She said simply, deciding not to think about the countless women who had been branded as witches for things like this and then brutally murdered.
    Belle Rolfe
    Belle Rolfe

Post  Belle Rolfe Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:35 pm

John nodded, looking away. He knew how the kingdom worked. He didn't want to see that happen to Odette. "Where are you planning on going?" He questioned, turning his emerald hues back to her with concern.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 pm

She shrugged, "I'll probably just be at my cabin....its far enough away I'll be safe from prying eyes." She said eventually and bit her lip as her stomach suddenly throbbed. She forced herself not to dwell on the pain...it always faded eventually, however the pains were getting worse as the pregnancy went along. She dimly wondered if that was normal...maybe Marina would know.
    Belle Rolfe
    Belle Rolfe

Post  Belle Rolfe Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:49 pm

"Are you alright?" John asked quickly, easily taking note of the tiniest wince a pregnant woman made. He had grown so used to it with his mother, and then with Marina. "Why don't you sit?" He sighed, gently guiding her to a chair and then kneeling in front of her and sitting back on his feet. "Are you sure you'll be safe out in your cabin?" He asked, frowning. "I mean...It's not always been the safest place," he pointed out.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Odette sighed and sat down before she looked up at him, "Even though its not the safest place, my uncle will be there and so will my friend Esme. I should be fine." She said softly, "I just wish it didn't hurt." She said quietly.
    Belle Rolfe
    Belle Rolfe

Post  Belle Rolfe Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:50 am

John ran a hand through his hair and sighed, shaking his head. "If you're sure..." He pursed his lips and got up, walking over to his desk. "Odette...I am happy that you're going to have a child -- you're going to be a great mother," he admitted, giving her a small smile.
    Jane Porter
    Jane Porter

Antal inlägg : 839
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-09-29

Post  Jane Porter Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:34 am

She smiled and looked down at her hands in her lap, "I hope so...well...I'm sorry if I interrupted you with your work." She apologized before she stood up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:17 pm