Nirethia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Another Lady-In-Waiting (Tag Pocahontas)

Eilonwy
    Eilonwy

Antal inlägg : 97
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-06-28

Another Lady-In-Waiting (Tag Pocahontas) Empty Another Lady-In-Waiting (Tag Pocahontas)

Post  Eilonwy Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:55 pm

It seemed like Eilonwy was wandering around the castle more than usual these days. Maybe it was because she didn't need as many lessons anymore? She had learned a lot since arriving here. Or maybe it was just Melody didn't need as much following around as she thought. She was a pretty independent little girl. Eilonwy brushed her hair over her shoulder as her feet ended up carrying her to the stalls. She figured it was as good a place as any to spend some time.
    Pocahontas
    Pocahontas

Antal inlägg : 376
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-07-31

Another Lady-In-Waiting (Tag Pocahontas) Empty Re: Another Lady-In-Waiting (Tag Pocahontas)

Post  Pocahontas Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:26 pm

Pocahontas had managed to escaped all the dramatic roylas for now and decided the stalls was a nice place to relax a little in, and she didn't have to wlak around in one of those enormous dresses that kept her from breathing.
    She sighend and leaned back agaisnt the wall in the empty stall she had found, keeping her eyes closed and not movign when she heard someone else enter.
    Eilonwy
    Eilonwy

Another Lady-In-Waiting (Tag Pocahontas) Empty Re: Another Lady-In-Waiting (Tag Pocahontas)

Post  Eilonwy Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Eilonwy didn't even notice that she wasn't alone in the stalls until she stumbled upon another woman. Not literally, thankfully. But Eilonwy was stunned for a moment by her appearance. Her skin was brown, almost like the rich earth farmers looked for when planting crops. And her hair was an ever darker shade of black than Melody's. Eilonwy found herself staring for a moment until she finally got a hold of herself. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...disturb you," she said, despite the woman's eyes being closed, and luckily not seeing her staring earlier.
    Pocahontas
    Pocahontas

Post  Pocahontas Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:24 pm

"It's quite alright," Poca answerd without opening her eyes, having the girls eyes on her bu didn't really mind. "as long as you weren't send here to get me?" she asked and opened one eye to get a look at Eilonwy. "Oh I know you, you're princess Melody's lady-in-waiting," she stated.
    Eilonwy
    Eilonwy

Post  Eilonwy Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:32 pm

"Oh no, no, I was just...wandering about, as usual." Well, maybe it wasn't a usual thing, but Eilonwy tended to trip over her words when she was flustered. She was surprised though when the woman recognized her. "Oh, yes, I am," she said. "I'm afraid I...don't know your name, though. Sorry." She gave a little embarrassed laugh.
    Pocahontas
    Pocahontas

Post  Pocahontas Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:51 pm

"I'm not surprised, I tend to disapear all the time," she shrugged and jumped back up on her, brushing off the hay that got stukc on ehr cloths. "I'm Pocahontas, princess Cinderella's lady-in-waiting. Nice to meet you," she said casually.
    Eilonwy
    Eilonwy

Post  Eilonwy Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:03 pm

"Nice to meet you too," Eilonwy said, instinctively curtsying. She tended to do that a lot more these days, especially when she was meeting new people. "Um, where are you from, exactly, if I may ask?"
    Pocahontas
    Pocahontas

Post  Pocahontas Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:06 pm

Pocahontas thought about her question for a moment before shrugging. "From where exactly even i can't say," she answerd blankly. "I've travelled my whole life before I setteld down in the other kingdom."
    Eilonwy
    Eilonwy

Post  Eilonwy Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:27 pm

"Oh. You just look so...exotic." Eilonwy didn't know if that was the right word, but she didn't want to say anything that might be offensive. "I almost wish I could get my skin like that. Look at me. I'm as pale as can be." She gave a little chuckle.
    Pocahontas
    Pocahontas

Post  Pocahontas Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:11 pm

She raised an eyebrow at her choice of words. Exotic? Well, that was actaully nice to hear. "Thank you,I suppose," she chuckled lightly. "And your skin color is fine, less chance of getting weird looks after you."
    Eilonwy
    Eilonwy

Post  Eilonwy Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:34 pm

"Well, looking different can be good sometimes," Eilonwy said. "People are more likely to remember you, at least. Blend in too much and you'll practically become invisible." Of course, when Eilonwy was with Melody, that wasn't really her job. Outshining the princess might be considered bad if anyone was watching. But she didn't want to add that to her little pep-talk and kill the mood.
    Pocahontas
    Pocahontas

Post  Pocahontas Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:44 pm

"True, but I noticed that in this town being different is a bad thing,2 Poca stated. "And with our job, it's not really our place to be noticed," she smiled gently.
    Eilonwy
    Eilonwy

Post  Eilonwy Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:48 pm

"Yeah, that's true. I guess we're lucky enough that the princesses notice us. Melody's told me horror stories about other princesses that treat their ladies-in-waiting like scum bags. Gives me the heebie jeebies sometimes." Eilonwy gave a little shudder, glad that she had ended up in a nice place.
    Pocahontas
    Pocahontas

Post  Pocahontas Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:52 pm

"Oh those stories are true," she said matter of factly. "I've met several of those on my travels before joining Cinderella's court. Guess we oth got lucky."
    Eilonwy
    Eilonwy

Post  Eilonwy Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:57 pm

"Ouch." Eilonwy winced in sympathy. She wouldn't know what she would do in a situation like that. Pocahontas was pretty brave to strike out on her own and find a place that suited her instead of just dealing with whatever was thrown at her. "Where else have you been to? I've always wondered what's beyond the kingdom and stuff. Is it pretty, dangerous, or a good mix of both?"
    Pocahontas
    Pocahontas

Post  Pocahontas Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:03 pm

She smiled at the girl's curiosity. "I'm afraid I don't remember that much, I was still veyr young back then before I settled down with my grandmother," she shrugged. "but yes, it's good mix of both. Beautiful and dangreous, but still there will always be some where sfae with good people. Bets way to find out is to go see it yourself."
    Eilonwy
    Eilonwy

Post  Eilonwy Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:10 pm

"It does sound exciting," Eilonwy said, thinking back to how John Smith said she might make a good adventurer. "Maybe I will go travel someday, once I can take care of myself better. I'm afraid if I tried to now, I'd just end up as a damsel in distress." She gave a little laugh.
    Pocahontas
    Pocahontas

Post  Pocahontas Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:13 pm

"Smart thinking," Pocahontas agreed. "Why wait for someone else saving you when you can do it os much faster yourself? I think I like you. WHat was your name again?"
    Eilonwy
    Eilonwy

Post  Eilonwy Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:16 pm

"Well, yeah, but if it's me against five huge, hulking bandits, I'm not sure how much good saving myself will do. But I guess it's better to try than just give up immediately." Trying could get a person pretty far in life, after all. "Oh, it's Eilonwy."
    Pocahontas
    Pocahontas

Post  Pocahontas Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:00 am

"THen you simply find your way through them," she said matetr of factly as if it was the mos easiest thing to do. "Eilonwy? Pretty name, I'll try to remember it."
    Eilonwy
    Eilonwy

Post  Eilonwy Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:14 am

"Maybe you could teach me a thing or two about that?" Eilonwy asked, smiling. "I bet you've gotten yourself out of a sticky situation or two, traveling as much as you did." The idea of taking care of herself for once actually made Eilonwy feel pretty excited. And if she could take care of herself better, then she could do the same for those she cared about.
    Pocahontas
    Pocahontas

Post  Pocahontas Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:17 am

"Perhaps I could. I've never been god with figthing but I do know how to avoid it," she mumbled, slightly in thought as she tried to remeber her travells. it was so long ago... she sure missed that life.
    Eilonwy
    Eilonwy

Post  Eilonwy Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:36 am

"Avoiding is good enough for me," said Eilonwy, smiling. "I think sometimes, it may be even better than fighting. At least avoiding it involves not slashing people with a sword or knocking them over the head with a mace or something."
    Pocahontas
    Pocahontas

Post  Pocahontas Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:38 am

Poca chuckled a little. "Guess you're right. Not everything is solved with fighting after all. Especially if you have no chance of winning."
    Eilonwy
    Eilonwy

Post  Eilonwy Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:01 am

"Good thing for that," Eilonwy said. "Otherwise, people would be throwing a punch every two seconds. Can you imagine the King solving diplomatic issues that way? Although I admit, it would be funny to see." She gave a little laugh.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:25 am