Nirethia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

A Talk Amongst the Dead (Tag: Jane)

Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Antal inlägg : 39
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-10-14

A Talk Amongst the Dead (Tag: Jane) Empty A Talk Amongst the Dead (Tag: Jane)

Post  Kent Mansley Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:13 am

Kent headed into town towards the Church. He wanted to visit his sister, Evie. There was so much he had to sort through since his last talk with Odie. He pushed through the gate and entered the graveyard and before he headed any further, he took a look around. Was he being watched? It was getting late so maybe he was just a bit on edge from his earlier rant and the deadly atmosphere here...

He continued on towards one particular headstone engraved: Here lies what remains of Sir Richard Paranell and His Beloved Wife Evangeline There was a single rose on the ground and Kent knelt in front of it. He rested his head on the tombstone as silent tears fell.

"Oh Evie, Rich! I'm at a standstill. Your daughter has been through so much but..." Falling in love with a murderer? "How could this happen...?" He'd almost rather have heard that she was a killer than this. He didn't say anything more. He just stayed there for a moment, wiping at a few tears, and caught up in his own thoughts.

Last edited by Kent Mansley on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jane Porter
    Jane Porter

Antal inlägg : 839
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-09-29

A Talk Amongst the Dead (Tag: Jane) Empty Re: A Talk Amongst the Dead (Tag: Jane)

Post  Jane Porter Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Jane made her way towards the graveyard she had her sketchpad out and was looking at some of the headstones...maybe she could draw some of those next. She saw aan sitting next to a grave and bit her lip, perhaps she should stay her distance....she didn't want to disrupt anything.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

A Talk Amongst the Dead (Tag: Jane) Empty Re: A Talk Amongst the Dead (Tag: Jane)

Post  Kent Mansley Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:00 pm

Kent stood after clearing his face and taking one last look at the headstone. It was getting too late for him to hang around there any longer. The last thing he needed was a witch accusation right before his audience with the King.

He started heading toward the exit when he caught sight of a young woman out the corner of his eyes and he slowly headed towards her. "I don't think you should be out here alone miss. It's getting late, don't you think?"
    Jane Porter
    Jane Porter

Post  Jane Porter Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:04 pm

Jane blinked up at him and then smiled, "Oh...um yes I...I got distracted." She said and gestured to her sketchpad which she had open on her lap.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:06 pm

He knelt close to her but not too close as to invade personal space. "Are you an artist?"
    Jane Porter
    Jane Porter

Post  Jane Porter Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Jane smiled over at him and nodded before she handed him her sketchpad. "Um yeah...I work at the palace as an artist." She said and blushed.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:22 pm

He blinked with surprise. Did she really just give him her sketchpad? That was awfully trusting of her...

Kent shook it off and looked through her pad, gaping at every page of drawings he saw. After looking through them, he finally glanced over at her. "No wonder you work there. You have talent beyond your years miss... Porter? Correct?" He squinted at one of the signatures on her latest completion and smiled at her as he handed her the sketchpad back.
    Jane Porter
    Jane Porter

Post  Jane Porter Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:02 pm

She smiled and accepted her sketchpad back, "Uhm yes....I..I'm Jane Porter and thank you." She said softly as she looked back down at her sketchpad with a small smile.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:51 pm

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Jane Porter." He extended his hand to shake hers. "I'm Kent Mansley: Merchant extraordinaire." He smiled to himself. Never thought he'd use that type of introduction.
    Jane Porter
    Jane Porter

Post  Jane Porter Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Jane giggled and shook his hand before she released it, "Well its a pleasure meeting you as well." She said softly and smiled at him, "Um...so were you...uh paying your respects to someone?" She asked gently.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Kent's smile faded slightly in response to her question and he stared over at the grave he was previously at. "Yeah," he half-sighed as he scratched the back of his head. "My sister and her husband died a few years ago. It's still taking me some time to get used to life without her." He gave a short laugh and then looked back at Jane, curiously. "What about you? Drawing graves for a royal auction?" He joked, lightly.
    Jane Porter
    Jane Porter

Post  Jane Porter Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Jane gave him a sad smile and then shook her head, "Uh no...I was just drawing headstones....and that sounds really morbid." She said with a weak laugh. She looked down and rubbed her arms, "I thought it would be interesting." She said with a little shrug.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Kent winced. "I'm sorry. I guess my sense of humor is terrible at the moment." He shook his head and froze as a thought came to him. "Miss Porter? Do you, by any chance, do freelance work as an artist?"
    Jane Porter
    Jane Porter

Post  Jane Porter Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:44 am

Jane big her lip, "Uh yes." She said softly as she studied Kent.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:28 am

He watched her guarded stare and held in a chuckle. What did she think he was going to do? Ask her to draw him nude?

"Might I hire you for a project?" He smiled at her and pointed to the graves of his sister and brother-in-law. "Would you be so kind as to paint those graves but in a serene, almost peaceful setting? I want it to emit a happy kind of sadness. The painting, that is, and I'll pay you, of course!"
    Jane Porter
    Jane Porter

Post  Jane Porter Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:18 pm

(Funny thing about that, she did have to paint someone nude once Razz )
    Jane perked up considerably when he told her what the job was. "Of course, I'll see what I can do." She sad gently before she started drawing almost immediately.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:49 pm

When he saw how quickly she began to work, he placed a hand on her shoulder. "No need to rush, Miss Porter. Although, I am excited to see what your creative mind comes up with," He said with a smile.
    Jane Porter
    Jane Porter

Post  Jane Porter Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Jane smiled up at him, "Oh its no trouble, besides I have an idea of what to draw." She said gently as she turned back to her sketchpad.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:00 pm

Kent watched her until a yawn escaped him. "Okay but don't get caught being out here too long. You should know how suspicious people can be," he chuckled and pulled out a pocket watch to check the time. "In any case, I think I will call it a night. I have an important meeting to attend tomorrow. Have a pleasant evening Miss Porter." He stood and with a nod, he headed towards the exit.
    Jane Porter
    Jane Porter

Post  Jane Porter Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Jane looked up from her drawing, "Oh um good night Mr. Mansley!" She called after him and watched him leave before she turned her attention back to her drawing. "Oh uh where should I send the finished drawing?" She called after him.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:43 pm

Kent stopped and turned to her. "I should be in the process of purchasing property soon but since I know where you mainly work, I will get a message out to you when I have a stable setting. In other words, I'll be in touch Miss Porter." And with another nod, he was on the streets and out of sight.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Kent stopped and turned to her. "I should be in the process of purchasing property soon but since I know where you mainly work, I will get a message out to you when I have a stable setting. In other words, I'll be in touch Miss Porter." And with another nod, he was on the streets and out of sight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:19 pm