Nirethia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Trying isn't good enough [Tag Ariel]

Jim
    Jim

Antal inlägg : 2788
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-06-18

Trying isn't good enough [Tag Ariel] Empty Trying isn't good enough [Tag Ariel]

Post  Jim Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Jim didn't know how long he had been sitting out here on the roof, must've been several hours by now.
    Glaring at nothing in particular her threw down some small rocks and leaned his back against the wall. His body still ached all over, thank god Ariel hadn't been home when he came back.
    He let out a heavy sigh. Wonder if she's still mad... She has all right to be though.
    He had tried to stay out of trouble, he really did. But he forgot the people who was after him wouldn't give him a break, and he hadn't been fast enough this time....
    Ariel
    Ariel

Antal inlägg : 1023

Trying isn't good enough [Tag Ariel] Empty Re: Trying isn't good enough [Tag Ariel]

Post  Ariel Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Ariel raised an eyebrow as she heard a sound now and then when she had come up to the room. she climbed out the window and onto the roof, and sighed.
    "Oh.. It's you.." She said quietly and looked away from him. It's been a while since their last talk, and now she didn't know what to say.. or if she still was mad at him.
    "What are you doing up here?" She asked
    Jim
    Jim

Trying isn't good enough [Tag Ariel] Empty Re: Trying isn't good enough [Tag Ariel]

Post  Jim Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:33 pm

He glanced at her from the corner of his eye when she cralwed out onto the roof, cursing his bad lukc and timing.
    "Enjoying the view," he said simply, keeping his gaze forward.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Ariel followed his gaze out over the town and sighed. She remember everytime those two had been out here, talking about their dreams and what had happend during the day..
    "So.. How have you been?" She asked as she walked closer to him
    Jim
    Jim

Post  Jim Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:42 pm

He didn't answear immediately.
    "Like always," he mumbled and glanced at her again, not being able to tell if she was still mad or not.
    "Looks like you'll be free from work a couple days now," he said after a quiet moment, face blank.

((brb, dinner time^^))
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:49 pm

"What? Why have you been....." Ariel started before she cleared her throat and nodded.
    "Good.. " She said with a silent sigh. She didn't really wanted to "win", she just wanted Jim to stay away from trouble.. And she wanted to ask who it was, but then he would maybe suspect something.
    "I'm... sorry?!"
    Jim
    Jim

Post  Jim Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:21 pm

"What are you sorry for?" he sighend and shifted to make himself more comfortable without trying to hurt himself more. He didn't want Ariel to know hoa messed up he was right now.
    "I'm the one who should be apologizing. I'm sorry."
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:27 pm

Ariel smiled softly as she sat down beside him and laid her head against his shoulder.
    "So who was it this time? Another guest at the tavern?" She asked friendly, and not with a sigh this time
    Jim
    Jim

Post  Jim Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:30 pm

He almost flinched in pain when she lad her head against his shoulder, forced himself to ingore the pain.
    "Not exactly," he mutterd, glad that she wasn't angry anymore. "Turst me, you don't want to know..."
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Ariel lifted her head again to look at him with a small, worried frown.
    "I want to know.. so tell me" She said. "But please don't say it was someone important?!"
    Jim
    Jim

Post  Jim Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:40 pm

He had to chuckle at her worried question. "Important? No no, at least I don't think so," he mumbled with a small smile.
    He shifted his eyes between her and the view thy had, wanting to tell her everything like he always did, but not wanting to make her more upseat.
    "...I wasn't fast enough this time," he said after a while. "One of the many gangs craving money again."
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:50 pm

"Oh, Jim.." Ariel said quietly and looked at him for a moment before she laid her head against his shoulder again.
    "Forget the bet.. I've nothing to do on the days anyways than working.." She sighed. "And besides, this time I guess it wasn't you who started the fight..!?"
    Jim
    Jim

Post  Jim Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:53 pm

"No, a deal's a deal. And besides, you desevre some free time. You work more thna enough already," he smiled and leaned his head above hers.
    He really didn't want to stay longer than he flet like in the tavern, his mom would figure out what happend without asking and thus lead it into another pointless fight between them.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:06 pm

"Well.. okey then" Ariel giggled a little and laid her arm around his to make it more comfortable.
    "by the way.. Where did they hurt you?" She asked and tried to not move. She didn't see any wounds on him, but they always hurted him somehow
    Jim
    Jim

Post  Jim Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:14 pm

"They mostly just reopned old wounds," he mutterd, irritated at those damn cowards. Seriously, having five or men at him at the same time... only to egt beaten up by someone else later.
    "I will probably be limp for a while... not that there's anything new with that. And um..." he smiled sheepishly at her. "Careful with my arm ok?"
    He left out the part about his back and stomach. He didn't wnat her to worry herself sick...
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:26 pm

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Ariel gasped and released his arm from her grasp completely. She looked down before she leaned her head towards the wall behind them instead.
    "So will they come back again, or gave you them the money?"
    Jim
    Jim

Post  Jim Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:31 pm

He laughed slightly and messed up her hair like he always does, assuring her that it was fine.
    "They always come back for more even when i pay them," he mutterd. "And I'm sure I already those guys TWICE."
    He trield off, thinking about John, th annoying knight and Flynn, the creepy stranger with the nose who had paied for him without question. Like that would even help him, the guys he has to deal with always comes back for more. But still, why had they bothered helping him? No matter how much he cursed and yelled at them they did it anyway.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:46 pm

"Hmh.." Ariel frowned as he spoke and fixed her hair.
    "Can't I help you somehow?" She asked and looked at him. "It's so unfair that you're only one when they're always more.. And maybe they will not do anything since I'm a girl?"
    Jim
    Jim

Post  Jim Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:53 pm

"No way," he said without hesitastion. He already ahd enough of trouble whne those other two idiots wanted to help him, but like hell he would risk Ariel's safety for something her old man did.
    "They won't just beaucse you're a girl. Hell, they might even do worse thigns to you..!" he said sternly. "Im fine doing this on my own, it's y choice and my responsibility... I won't let you get yourself hurt beacuse of me and my problems..."
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:16 pm

"But I can't just sit here and do nothing" Ariel pouted and crossover her arms.
    "Don't you know how hard it is for me to see you like this, and can't do anything about it? I hate it so much.." She sighed. At moments like this, she wished that she would be more like Chel. Someone who can take care of herself on the streets.. Why wasn't she like that?!
    Jim
    Jim

Post  Jim Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:23 pm

"Ariel..." he spoked softly, hating seeing her this upseat and knowig it was his fault. "You already do so much for me. You're always there for me, talking to me, litseing to me, helping me going through with this life I keep throwing away," he chuckled at the last part. "You already do alot for me, so don't you ever feel useless. And besides, you have your own life to take care of, own dreams to fullfil. Don't let me take up to much of your time."
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:30 pm

"Yeah, right.. My own life.." She snorted by the thought and hugged her legs
    "It's not like anything is going to happen anyways.. I'm just gonna be stuck here and be all useless.." Ariel sighed and laid her chin on her knees.
    "I want to be more like you and Chel.. It's always something that goes on in your lifes.."
    Jim
    Jim

Post  Jim Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:40 pm

He frowned and carefully wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "No you don't. Mine and Chel's life have alot of stuff going on yes, but it's mostly full of danger. And we're both too stubborn and proud for own good, for not to talk about selfish when it comes to me," he smiled softly. "You're anything but useless Ariel."
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:45 pm

"It doesn't help, Jim.." Ariel muttered. Now she started to get annoyed again, but at herself this time- or everyone else. She has always been treated like the weak one, and she was tired at it. But she also knew that she couldn't handle herself out on the street.. She was really stuck.
    "Anyways.. What has happened more to you these last couple of days?" She asked after a moment to change the subject
    Jim
    Jim

Post  Jim Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:11 pm

He sighend, knowing he couldn't say anything to make her realise she was so much better than she thought herself to be.
    "Not much really. Surprsingly I've made myself a firend who treated my wounds for me." Only for it to reopen again later, he thought and smiled at the thought of Odette. for once he could actually see someone, besides Ariel, as a friend. AEspecially since they had something in common...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:56 am