Nirethia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Meeting someone new [Tag Thomas]

Ariel
    Ariel

Antal inlägg : 1023
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-06-18

Meeting someone new [Tag Thomas] Empty Meeting someone new [Tag Thomas]

Post  Ariel Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:46 am

Ariel walked around in the tavern and picked up dirty plates and glasses on her tray. Since the Carnival came to town, the tavern was often full - and this time you have to pay before you even get your food. They had lost so much money last year when people ate and then just left, and since that affected Ariels salary, she came up with that idea.
    The people here was both nice and unpleasant. While some just sit and mind their own business, the others yelles and insults her when she isn't fast enough to give them their drinks - but Ariel doesn't care so much. She's just thinking about something else instead..
    Thomas.
    Thomas.

Antal inlägg : 216
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-09-30

Meeting someone new [Tag Thomas] Empty Re: Meeting someone new [Tag Thomas]

Post  Thomas. Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:54 am

Thomas idly straightened out the hem of his shirt as he walked towards the building that seemed most populated. He wasn't sure where anything was, but he figured people would go to a place with food. People seemed to like food they could get made for them as apposed to cooking it for themselves. He chuckled quietly at that thought and looked around the building as he entered. He ran a hand through his soft colored locks of hair and chewed his bottom lip a bit nervously. This wasn't the bakery. That much was obvious. No, no. This was a place was with big guys who were gulping down that foul smelling alcohol in the middle of the afternoon. Great...God, did he feel puny now.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:59 am

Ariel glared at a man who had patted her quickly on the butt when she had given him his beer, but then she just turned around to walk away from there. It's not like it would be a good thing to start a fight with him. What caught her eye was a young man that entered the tavern, and he stood out from the crowd- that's for sure.
    "Do you want a table?" She asked softly as she stood near him and smiled.
    "It's almost full today, but I think I can get you one..?!"
    Thomas.
    Thomas.

Post  Thomas. Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:02 am

Thomas had gotten a bit distracted from watching two men having a drinking contest. One of them was now unconscious on the ground. Thomas chuckled slightly, but then nearly jumped out of his skin as he heard the soft voice of a girl. Since when did girls talk to him?

He swallowed the lump in his throat and looked at her with slightly wide eyes. "A-A table...? O-Oh, Uh...N-No...I-I don't have any money a-and I was just looking for the bakery and I-I guess this isn't it? Obviously not, at least...I-I'm new. Sorry," He mumbled the last part, blushing and looking down. Great first impression. The rambling shy guy.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:09 am

"Oh, there is no need to apologize.." Ariel smiled softly and shook her head. Even though it would be nice to have more nice people in the Tavern, she couldn't force anyone to stay..
    "Are you looking for the bakery? Well, it isn't far from here." She said and thought she would point the direction when she suddenly heard someone throw a glass and then everyone was in a fight.
    "Why don't I show you?! Come.." She said quickly before she took a basked and walked out of there. She knew that she couldn't stop thefight anyways - and they were almost out of bread.
    Thomas.
    Thomas.

Post  Thomas. Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:18 am

Thomas flinched when he heard the sound of glass breaking. As violence broke out, he quickly made his way outside, shaking his head and shying away from the whole building. He wasn't one for violence of any sort.

"Y-You don't have to show me...but...I guess it's better that you don't hang around there with a fight like that..." He mumbled, making a face at the idea of someone like her being in there. He didn't like girls being involved in any sort of violence. But, then again, that was just because of his sister. "I-I....My names...Thomas, by the way," He smiled sheepishly to her.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:24 am

"I'm Ariel.." She said softly and looked up at him with a little smile.
    "And yes, I guess. But this doesn't happen so often-- not any more atleast" She said with a little shrugg as she thought about it. Before it was almost only Jim that started those fights.
    "So, Thomas. You're new here? I'm assuming because of the Carnival?"
    Thomas.
    Thomas.

Post  Thomas. Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 am

Thomas nodded, looking around as they walked. He was easily fascinated by new things, and this whole Kingdom was new to him. He chewed his bottom lip and smiled slightly before looking back to her. "Ariel, huh? That's a pretty name," He admitted shyly. "Yeah, I came here for the Carnival...It seems pretty neat," He admitted, smiling a bit more.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:46 am

"Thank you.. Thomas isn't so bad either" Ariel giggled with a wide smile and glanced down.
    "And yes, the Carnival is really fun. So many new people and fun events.." She said with a little nod as she thought about it.
    "They often to pretty romantic things, so if you have a girlfriend- you two will love it"
    Thomas.
    Thomas.

Post  Thomas. Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:01 am

Thomas felt his cheeks warm a good bit at the mention of romantic things -- especially at the mention of a girlfriend. He'd never had a girlfriend in his life -- and, he was pretty content with that. He didn't have to worry about being one of those heartbroken boys he always saw back home. But, if girls around here looked like this girl, he was up the creek without a paddle.

"I uh...n-no girlfriend for me," he laughed slightly, shaking his head and smiling shyly at the ground. "What about you? Who would you take to that?"
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:08 am

"Uhm.. No one.." She said quietly and glanced down again. Every year she wished that she had one to do all those things with, and now when she had one- it would be impossible to go out with him. Jim couldn't be out in public, so this year she would be alone again..
    "But there's still alot of things you can do.. Play games, eat alot, Dance.. - just to mention a few.." Ariel said with a little smile and looked up again.
    "And maybe you even meet one.. There's alot of single girls in this town"
    Thomas.
    Thomas.

Post  Thomas. Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:24 am

Thomas's smile brightened as he thought about the carnival. He really wasn't sure what to expect, but it all sounded pretty great. "I'm sorry you don't have someone to take you with you...But, you're a pretty girl -- any guy would be lucky," He admitted before slapping his forehead. "S-Sorry! I know, I know...not something a stranger should say," he laughed nervously, knowing that was out of line for a gentleman to say, even if it was a compliment.

(he's too sweet. xD)
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:31 am

[He's adorable xD And I know how fun it is to play him, I had him in BTE xD ]

"No, no, don't worry about it.. Thank you" Ariel said with a little giggle as she looked up at him. It wasn't often she met a sweet guy like him..
    "And hopefully I will see you at the carnival, so I guess it wont be so boring as I thought.." She said softly before she kept her gaze forward.
    "So, are you here with your family then? Or all alone?"
    Thomas.
    Thomas.

Post  Thomas. Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Thomas smiled slightly at that idea. He liked the idea of getting to see her again. "I'm alone. Came by boat to see the carnival, but...I kinda like it around here," He admitted, looking around. "I would just need somewhere to sleep -- I suppose there's an inn or something, right?"
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:24 pm

"Well, the tavern has some rooms that you can rent.." Ariel said softly, even though it could be a bit loudly at night when it could be fights outside.
    "But-- if it doesn't feel too weird..- I have a bed over, and I kinda need some money- so.." She said before she let out a little laugh. She would've been really scared if she had been in a new town and someone had offered her a bed. Especially now when she didn't really could trust strangers as much as she did before - but she needed money.
    "But like I said, the Tavern has also some fine rooms.."
    Thomas.
    Thomas.

Post  Thomas. Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:52 pm

Oh, the tavern had rooms? He looked back at that building and made a face. As she offered a bed, his eyes lit up a bit. "Really? You'd let me do that...?" He asked, smiling a brightly. "I can pay as much as you want! You don't know how grateful I'd be, Ariel," He admitted, biting on his bottom lip.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:56 pm

"It isn't so big or fancy, but it's somewhere you can sleep and eat" Ariel shrugged slightly and smiled softly when he agreed in staying. Even though he was a stranger, she would still feel safer with him than being alone..
    "But you don't think it's weird or something? I mean, we just met?" She asked with a worried frown and bit her lip. She didn't want to scare him away somehow, but she wanted to be sure..
    Thomas.
    Thomas.

Post  Thomas. Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Thomas smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck. "Well...I-I'm not exactly great with girls, if you couldn't tell...So, you don't need to worry about me trying anything -- Trust me, there's no worry on that one. And...well...I trust people. Everyone's got good in them! Just gotta give'em a chance," He nodded confidently.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Ariel smiled widely when she heard that he thought the same as her- that everyone has something good inside them, and she started to like him. He was really cute..
    "Just be careful around people here.." She said quietly and looked around before she glanced up at him with a little smile.
    "Everyone isn't so kind as they look like. We have some real bad people here in Nirethia.." Ariel sighed before she pulled down her dress slightly over her shoulder so that the bandage over her wound was showed.
    "Trust me, I know.."
    Thomas.
    Thomas.

Post  Thomas. Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:11 pm

Thomas stopped walking when he saw the bandage. He hesitated, but reached over and gently brushed his hand against the bandage with a frown on his lips. "I'm very sorry, Ariel...You shouldn't have to be hurt," He said quietly, his eyes tender as he looked back to her. "Well...If I'm staying with you...I-I promise I'll do all I can to make sure you're safe," He said, giving her a small smile. Sure, he wasn't the most qualified to protect anyone, but he wasn't completely useless as far as strength came. He had muscle. He just didn't quite know how to use it.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:16 pm

"You're probably the most sweetest guy I've ever met.." Ariel said with a shyly smiled and pulled up her dress again while she glanced at him through her lashes. She just wanted to smile now when he was around, and that something he hadn't really done in a while.
    "I'm so glad that you walked in through the wrong door" She giggled a little and started to walk slowly again.
    "Do-- you know how long you'll be staying?"
    Thomas.
    Thomas.

Post  Thomas. Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:22 pm

Thomas smiled at her words. No one had ever said something like that to him before. Well, at least, no one other than his mother...
    "So Am I," He admitted with a small grin. For once, he was thankful for his directional impaired self. "I...Well, I'm thinking of...staying," He admitted, smiling a bit as he looked ahead of himself.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:47 pm

"You are?" She asked with a wide smile when he said that he would stay. It would be nice to have somone like him around, but she hoped that Nirethia wouldn't change him..
    "That's great. I hope you will like it here" Ariel said softly before she kept her gaze forward.
    "Do you know anyone here then? Or is the Carnival the only reason why you came here?"
    Thomas.
    Thomas.

Post  Thomas. Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:52 pm

"I'm just here for the carnival...My little sister always wanted to see it. I promised her I'd see it one day," Thomas said quietly, idly twisting a pendant that hung around his neck. "My family lives far away from here...It's a lot more boring back home than it is here," He admitted.
    Ariel
    Ariel

Post  Ariel Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:54 pm

"So why didn't they come with you?" She asked carefully and tilted her head a little to the side when she got the wibe that something was wrong.
    "And-- Wanted? Is she-- ?!"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:23 am