Nirethia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

After All These Years (tags: Kent)

Odette
    Odette

Antal inlägg : 5502
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-06-21
    Ålder : 33

After All These Years (tags: Kent) Empty After All These Years (tags: Kent)

Post  Odette Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:37 am

Odette led the way to her place, she kept glancing at her uncle afraid that he might disappear in front of her. Once they reached her place she led him to the stables first, "So here's Angus." She said and went to the huge black stallion who whinnied when he saw her. "And over there is Honey." She said and gestured to the palomino mare.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Antal inlägg : 39
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-10-14

After All These Years (tags: Kent) Empty Re: After All These Years (tags: Kent)

Post  Kent Mansley Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:48 am

"They're... Horses?" Kent just stared, mouth agape at the mares. He definitely didn't expect his grown and beautiful niece to make friends with and talk so fondly of horses. It didn't take long for him to compose himself and then he immediately whipped out a tiny gold book and jotted a memo down.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:06 am

Odette giggled, "I have human friends too." She pointed out with a smile.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:20 pm

He looked over at her with a chuckle. "Oh, I don't doubt that but they are a beauty." Kent put away his book and caressed the fine horses. "You know, they're so properly taken care of that they would truly sell for a bundle."
    He quickly caught the look on Odette's face and feigned shock. "Not that I would ever try to sell your Angus and Honey darling but I am making a salesman observation here." He grinned and patted the horses before going over and hugging his niece.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Odette frowned for some reason that didn't sit well with her, she just nodded mutely before giving Angus and Honey both carrots. After that she turned and glanced back at her uncle, "Um want to come inside?" She asked.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:50 am

"Yes, please. We have much to discuss."
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:51 am

"Yes, please. We have much to discuss."
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:02 am

Odette nodded, "You're right we do." She said quietly and led the way into her home. She gestured for him to take a seat on the couch, "Did you want some water or something?" She asked softly.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:15 am

He sat on one of the couch and cleared his throat. "Yes water, please." He looked around the room and relaxed for a moment. It was quaint. He yawned. He hadn't realized how exhausted his trips made him.
    When Odette returned with the glass, he thanked and patted a spot next to him. "Do you live out her all alone? Apart from Angus and Honey, that is?"
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:24 am

She smiled warmly and sat next to him, "Yeah...its just me." She said quietly and looked down at her lap. "So...what do you want to know about me?" She asked softly and with some nervousness.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:35 am

"Well, why don't we start by you telling me just what you feel comfortable telling me." Kent lifted Odette's chin and smiled reassuringly. "My Odie. You must've gone through so much these past, what? 6, 7 years? It's been too long. I don't expect you to trust me with everything."
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:43 am

Odette slowly gave a shaky sigh of relief and nodded, "Well uhh Joseph Korso was the one who killed mom and dad...he took me with him....I was abused sexually and physically." She looked down at her hands which were twisting in her lap. She cleared her throat, "He...he tried raping me when I was seventeen but I stabbed him in the chest...I thought I had killed him. However he came back a few months ago...he wants revenge for what I did to him." She said quietly.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:59 am

Kent was silent for a while. His mind was a slot machine of emotions reeling through his brain as he took in everything she was saying. "Joseph Korso..." He whispered, relaying the name over and over in his head. "You stabbed him." It was more of a statement than an actual question. He held her hands in his, observing them for the longest time before looking into her eyes and asking, "Have you seen him since that time he came back and threatened you?"
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:29 am

She hesitated and then nodded, "Yeah....I've seen him...along with Michael his twin brother." She said softly as she stared at his hands which were clasping hers. "He was the one who gave me the knife to stab Joseph." She said softly.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:58 pm

"So this Michael must not care too much for his brother, does he?" Kent watched Odette's reaction. He wasn't sure what gave it away maybe from the way she talked when she mentioned him but Kent had a feeling that this Michael and his niece may be close.
    "And he helped you. He chose you over his own twin?" What he really wanted to ask was Does that make you two friends...? He didn't speak it out loud but his raised eyebrows and slightly agape mouth may have made his thoughts obvious enough.

Ooc: Sorry I'm so late with my reply Hannah, dear! I was trying to get something settled so that Kent tell his niecie about it! Razz
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Ofette shook her head, "Uh no not really....he just did it because he didn't like how um....obsessed Joseph was with me. He didn't like how I had stolen his brother's attention." She said quietly, explaining this all to her uncle made her feel well...strange. "H...he's helped me out though....for some reason...even when he clearly doesn't like it." She said and looked down at her hands which she twisted in her lap.
    (Its okie hun :3)
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:00 pm

Kent stared at Odette a little longer wanting her to say more but decided changing the subject for the time being would be best.
    "Well," he began as he cleared his throat. "I was planning on staying in town for a while, maybe permanently if his majesty approves my proposal."
    He looked down at her warmly. "Odie, how would you feel if I stayed here in Nirethia?"
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:06 pm

Odette started to smile, "I'd...I'd like that." She said gently and then looked down at her hands, "So what proposal is it?" She asked curiously.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Kent smiled and began with a question. "How much do you know about Nirethia's taxes, Odie?"
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:33 pm

Odette frowned, "Honestly not much....but is that what this is about? Taxes?" She asked confused.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:47 pm

He thought about how to present this to her. "I want to provide a service in which being a member will provide you with the utmost benefits. One of them will include waiving your taxes for a year. Right now, I'm only limiting it to other merchant and shopkeepers but who knows it might benefit the other villagers later. I want to open a Merchants Guild."
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:34 am

Odette raised an eyebrow, "A Merchant's Guild?" She asked curiously as she studied him.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:08 am

"A haven for merchant members and a backbone for shopkeepers. Financial troubles, funeral expenses, sickness protection, family care coverage, you name it. There's help for any members of the guild. But none of that is without a small annual fee and I guarantee it'll be less than all their taxes combined." He ended his spew with a wink and stood and stretched.
    "Anyways, you'll hear more about the guild publicly after a few days. I'm sure the king would agree to it. I mean its pretty much a harmless campaign." He said with a laugh.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:13 am

Odette smiled and then looked at her uncle, "Wow Uncle K, I'm impressed I wish you luck." She said with a small smile.
    Kent Mansley
    Kent Mansley

Post  Kent Mansley Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:27 am

"Why thanks, Odie," he grinned and sat down, hugging her close. "So tell me all the good that's been going on in your life. Tell me about these human friends of yours."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:37 am