Nirethia

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

I Know You (tags: Proteus)

Odette
    Odette

Antal inlägg : 5502
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-06-21
    Ålder : 33

I Know You (tags: Proteus) Empty I Know You (tags: Proteus)

Post  Odette Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:32 am

Odette headed out to the stable the next morning and frowned when she saw Angus was missing. After heading back inside she asked Esme to watch after the twins while she started to look for Angus. She was worried after all Angus was well trained and if he got hurt or wandered off Odette would never forgive herself.
    xProteus
    xProteus

Antal inlägg : 33
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-12-08

I Know You (tags: Proteus) Empty Re: I Know You (tags: Proteus)

Post  xProteus Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 am

Proteus had been exploring the city, taking in the sights, strolling through the streets and then towards the woods, all day since very early in the morning. As he walked through the town, he had his hands behind his back and a pleasant grin on his face, and he would give a small nod to anyone who he met eye contact with, a few girl's giggling, but he didn't think anything of it, and he looked back ahead. But as soon as he was alone, walking up along the edge of the river, his smile fell, and his face became very serious, his arms dropping to rest by his sides. He may have appeared casual and non-chalant as he walked through the town, but he was actually searching it for someone, very throughly, every last part of it, so far finding himself unsuccessful in his efforts. He stared at the ground in frustration, brows furrowed and his hands in loose fists, sliding them then roughly into his pockets after a little while of banging them against his legs, as he started to approach the edge of the woods, not paying much attention to where he was going.

Over the last few years, the hope Proteus had been holding onto, of finding his dear old friend, had slowly been flying out of his reach, and he was starting becoming very depressed, and fearing he would never see her again. He never used to be any kind of sad, he was always very happy and cheerful, but the light in his eyes was slowly being drained out as he continued to fail. He rolled his eyes then and turned his face up towards the sky, squinting up at it with sadness and anger.

Proteus' gaze lowered however to rest on something in front of him that he had noticed in passing. He froze where he stood as he looked at a gorgeous dark-haired draft horse just before him, and a small, excited half smile pulled up at the side of his mouth. Proteus stopped himself for a moment from approaching the animal and took a quick walk around the small clearing where the horse was, occasionally glancing back at the creature with a small smile, trying to see if someone was here with the horse. After a little while of searching, and finding no one, Proteus decided to cautiously try and approach the animal, bringing his hands out of his pockets and opening his fists, and then raising his hands in front of his to try and keep the horse calm. "Hey buddy..." Proteus said calmly, walking slowly a bit sideways towards the horse, a crooked smile on his face. "I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm a friend," he assured the animal, his voice smooth, and his smile softly exuberant.
    Aurora*
    Aurora*

Antal inlägg : 985
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-11-10

Post  Aurora* Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:36 am

(Never rpd as an animal before soo here goes x3)
    Angus hadn't exactly planned on wandering out that morning...it had just happened, it was odd as he had felt drawn towarda this odd man in front of him. He backed up a few steps, where was his mistress? Where was he?? He started to feel slightly more calm as the man talked to him like that and whickered softly.
    xProteus
    xProteus

Post  xProteus Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:51 am

((Well done.x3))

"Good boy," Proteus crooned softly as he slowly closed the distance between him and the horse, still moving cautiously as he gently pet the animal's neck. He couldn't help the small boyish grin that began to appear on his face as he brushed his fingers through the animal's hair lightly. "Where did you come from huh buddy?" he asked in a whisper, examining the horse slightly for any signs of harm or identification. "Why don't we find your owner hm?" Proteus offered to the steed brightly, standing up straight before he gathered some of the horse's mane gently in one hand and pulled himself up onto its back, his smile growing in width and brightness as he settled into his seat. "Take me home," he ordered gently, with enthusiasm, giving the horse a soft squeeze and a click to have him walk forward.
    Aurora*
    Aurora*

Antal inlägg : 985
    Registreringsdatum : 2012-11-10

Post  Aurora* Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:00 am

Angus wasn't expecting the man to mount him but he found he didn't mind all that much. He whickered and then turned towards where he thought home was....hopefully he could find it.
    --
    Odette was making her way through the forest when she saw a young man mounting Angus right in front of her. Her eyes narrowed and she scooped up a handful of snow easily making a snowball and flung it at the man. "Thief! That'll teach you to steal my horse!" She yelled and prepared another snowball to fling at him. She was pleased to note that her first one had nailed him in the head.
    xProteus
    xProteus

Post  xProteus Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 am

Proteus grinned brightly as he set off on the horse, gently easing the animal into a light trot. He was caught off guard though, and soon found himself sliding over down the side of the animal he was on, when he felt a quick blow to the back of his head. He subconsciously reached up with one hand to check the back of his head for impact, and then his body rolled into itself as he slid down from the horse, landing in a light thud.

'Thank god we had just started moving,' Proteus thought to himself, still a bit in shock, as he stood up from the ground, checking his head again and looking around for the source of the blow, staggering back a bit when all he saw was a young blonde woman. Something about this woman seemed familiar though, something in the eyes. "I-I am terribly sorry. I wasn't meaning to steal this horse. I was-I was actually looking for you," he apologized and explained anxiously, looking quickly back and forth between the young woman and the horse, and fidgeting where he stood. When his eyes landed on the young woman, his gaze would soften some, and turn perplexed, as he tried to figure out where he must of seen her before.

Last edited by xProteus on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:01 am

Odette frowned at his words but he did seem like he was telling the truth, there was something oddly familiar about this man. "Um thank you...I'm sorry I hit you with the snowball." She said with a little wince before she dumped the snowball she had been holding. "Its really hard to trust people here....my name is Odette." She said softly and with a little apologetic smile.
    xProteus
    xProteus

Post  xProteus Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Proteus squinted slightly as he carefully approached the young woman, trying to place her, and as he heard that name, his jaw dropped, and his eyes widened, as he stared in awe at his long lost friend. His heart had stopped for several seconds as he took in Odette, how she had changed and how she was the same, but as soon as it restarted, he just about jumped the few feet over to the blonde and enveloped her in a tight embrace, a broad, thrilled grin spread across his face. "I knew it. I knew I'd find you," he murmured ecstatically relived into her golden locks as he pet down her hair softly, his face falling into her shoulder. He was on the brink of crying, he was so happy, so proud he was right, and so relieved she was alive, and alright.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:57 pm

Odette's eyes widened when the strange man hugged her tightly against him and at his words she frowned and pulled away from him. "I..I'm sorry...who are you?" She asked as she stared at him confused.
    xProteus
    xProteus

Post  xProteus Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:26 pm

Proteus felt his heart shatter at Odette's question, but he kept his face brightly optimistic as he looked down at the blonde, his hands still resting lightly on her waist. "Odie. Odie, it's me," he exclaimed, his eyes hopeful as he met her gaze. His face then fell slightly, becoming more serious and he cleared his throat. "Proteus," he added, his voice and face a bit sadder as he looked up at her through his lashes, a bit of hope still shining through his hazel eyes. He knew it had been several years, and yeah, he hadn't recognized her right way, but still. He had thought about her every day since she had been taken, but maybe she didn't think about him. That thought pained him more then he thought it would, and he had thought about that possibility. He had thought about every possibility of what could happen when he found her.

((Yes. I decided on an eye color. I like hazel for him better then blue or brown.x3))
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Odette blinked up at him still slightly confused, "P...Protie?" She asked softly as she stared up at him. A few memories came to mind and then one hit her very hard, "I will always find you." She slid one hand up to her mouth as silent tears started to fall. "You found me." She whispered softly as she stared up at him with hope in her eyes.
    xProteus
    xProteus

Post  xProteus Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:06 pm

Hearing his old nickname made Proteus' heart throb with joy, and a bright, wide grin spread across his entire face, then it fell and became a small, warm smirk. "Did you ever doubt I would?" he asked, his tone playful and affectionate, as he reached up with one hand to softly push some of Odette's golden locks behind her ear, his fingers lingering against her cheek as he gazed lovingly down at her. He then gently took hold of Odette's face as his smile grew more ecstatic, and he then excitedly kissed her forehead before wrapping his arms around her again and holding her firmly against him. "I missed you so much," he murmured into her hair as he lightly swung them from side to side.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Odette laughed when h picked her up and started swinging her side to side, "Well it has been almost twelve years." She pointed out as she hugged him back just as tightly.
    xProteus
    xProteus

Post  xProteus Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:13 am

Proteus laughed softly as Odette started to joke, another wave of relief washing through him hearing the sweet, pleasant sound of her laughter. "Is that all?" he asked, still chuckling, as he released his hold on her a bit and leaned back some to look down warmly at his friends face. His face was very soft, and gentle, but still full of excitement as he looked down at Odette. "I could of sworn it was much longer," he murmured, his voice husky as he reached up again to softly caress Odette's cheek, his other arm still protectively around her waist.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:16 am

Odette blushed and looked down when he said it like that, "It feels like forever doesn't it?" She asked quietly as she stared up at him. She didn't mind being pressed up against him like this...if it had been anyone else she would have eventually pulled away. Her eyes studied him with love and tenderness in her eyes, "I really missed you Proteus." She whispered.
    xProteus
    xProteus

Post  xProteus Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:12 am

"It seems like it's been an eternity," Proteus answered, his eyes glued on Odette's face, and continuously going back to meet her gaze. His own gaze was just as tender and full of love as Odette's, but also awe, and he had only the faintest smile on his lips, that slowly disappeared the more he looked at Odette's face. He still couldn't believe it. He had done. He had finally done it. He had finally found Odette. He was filled with so much pure joy, and relief, and a hundred other emotions, he felt like he might explode. "I missed you too Odette," he murmured softly, still lightly caressing her cheek. He then pulled her back into a tight embrace, his arms around her waist and shoulders protectively. "So so much. You have no idea," he whispered into her hair as his head rested slightly atop hers.

A cheerful grin slowly started to spread across Proteus' face then as he pulled back gently, his warm gaze falling on Odette's face, and his hands moving to lightly hold Odette's arms. "We have a lot of catching up to do huh?" he laughed lightly, his stomach twisting a bit as his mind started to think about the possible things that could of happened to Odette in the last 12 years. It could of been alright, she could of had an okay life, at least even for most of it. Or it could of been horrible, and she could of been tortured, seriously hurt. The more he thought about it, the more he started to feel sick, and the more he would chastise himself for not finding her sooner. But he kept his face light, and bright as he looked down at the blonde, occasionally soothingly rubbing her arms.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:16 am

Odette at his words, "Oh I have an idea...e..every day I would pray and hope I would see you. When I was with Joseph though...I forgot things...he made it hard to imagine love and happiness. Somehow I...I survived and to see you again is the greatest gift I could have ever gotten." She said softly.
    (we need to focus on these two! XDD)
    xProteus
    xProteus

Post  xProteus Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:13 am

((x3))

As Odette spoke, Proteus' smile, and eyes, softened as he gazed tenderly at Odette's face, his hands lightly rubbing her arms and then sliding down to take hold of her hands, rubbing the back of them with his thumbs. "I've searched everywhere for you. I am so relieved to have found you, and to be standing here with you like this," he said, his voice gently authoritative. He then stepped closer to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his face in her hair, taking in her sweet scent, still the same after all these years. "I'm so glad you're alive," he murmured in wonder, shaking his head slightly against her golden locks.

Proteus then pulled back gently, his face serious as he looked down at Odette, taking hold of her arms again, then sliding his hands down and interlacing his fingers with hers with hers as he held her hands, turning his soft, saddened gaze to the ground as he nervously chewed on the inside of his cheek. "I just, hope I wasn't too late," he said quietly, looking up anxiously hopeful through his lashes at Odette, still chewing on his cheek discreetly.

Last edited by xProteus on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Odette bit her bottom lip and pulled away from his warm embrace, "I....Protie...I have two kids. Their father....well he doesn't want to be roped into being a dad." She said with a strained laugh that quickly turned into a half-sob. "It hasn't been easy but I have friends who help me." She said softly as she slowly met his gaze.
    xProteus
    xProteus

Post  xProteus Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:47 pm

Proteus' hands fell limply by his side as Odette stepped away from him, and he stared after her perplexed. His eyes then widened, and his jaw dropped slightly, in shock when Odette told him she had kids, but his wide eyes saddened and became more sympathetic when she brought up the father, and hearing the strain in her voice, his heart dropped. When she finally looked back up at him, Proteus intent gaze was soft as he met hers, and his smile was full of quiet joy. "And now you have one more," he assured her gently, before slowly walking closer to her. He then hesitantly lifted his hands to lightly take hold of her upper arms, soothingly rubbing her arms as he smiled cheerfully down at her.

"Kids are such a great thing. A great...Blessing," Proteus assured Odette gently. He then cautiously reached up with one hand to brush back some of her hair, watching tenderly as he curled her golden locks back behind her ear, and he lightly patted her hair down. He then gently took hold of her face, his eyes softly focused as he met her gaze, and he softly caressed her cheek with his thumb. "I'm here for you. I'm not going anywhere," he told her, his voice soft and bright, as he bent his neck to look into her eyes, a small, light smile on his face.

Last edited by xProteus on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:05 am

Odette smiled up at him, her own hand moved up and lightly brushed his cheek, "Thank you Proteus....it...means a lot to me to hear you say that." She whispered softly. Her smile grew, "You'll love Alice and Alex, they're both so sweet." She said with a tender look in her eyes as she spoke of her children. A sudden sad almost hopeless look briefly crossed her face, "What about you? Do you have a family?" She asked slowly, she was beginning to dread the answer as she prayed and hoped that her best friend was single....which didn't make sense. She should be happy for him if he had found someone who made him happy right?
    xProteus
    xProteus

Post  xProteus Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:38 am

Proteus smiled down tenderly at Odette before placing a light kiss on her forehead and then, as he pulled back, he gently slid his hands down her arms to take her hands, interlacing his fingers with hers as he beamed blissfully down to her. He kept his face bright as he kept his gaze on Odette, even as her own expression faltered, softly rubbing her hands in comfort. "If they are anything like you, I'm sure I'll love them, because they will be amazing," Proteus softly assured her, leaning in slightly in emphasis, then smirking as he leaned back.

Proteus then shrugged lightly and let out a soft sigh in response to her question, looking down briefly at their hands as he rubbed hers, then turning his face back up with a cheerful smile. "Just my mother. She's my only family," he explained casually. His face then quickly started to fall slightly, becoming thoughtful, his brow furrowed in focus. "Well, now I have you too," he amended, a small smile pulling at one corner of his lips and his eyes and face lightening up and relaxing some again. "Again," he added on lowly, and then laughing lightly. His soft eyes and light face then turned down to watch as he slowly brought up their entwined hands to rest against his chest, rubbing the back of her hands softly with his thumbs and playing lightly with her fingers.

"That's all I need," Proteus crooned lovingly, his warm crooked smile growing more as he lifted his face again to meet Odette's gaze with tender eyes, and giving Odette's hands a soft squeeze before placing a delicate kiss along Odette's knuckles, while still maintaining eye contact. He than straightened back up, and brought her hand back over his heart, his smile becoming bright and cheerful once more.

Last edited by xProteus on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:40 am; edited 2 times in total
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:48 am

Odette's expression saddened when she heard it was only Proteus and his mother. "Uncle Ed's gone?" She asked sadly and then bit her bottom lip. "Proteus...I..I'm so sorry for...everything." She whispered quietly unable to stop herself from feeling guilty about being taken by Joseph. Her free hand moved up to cup his face tenderly, "I hope I can make it up to you." She whispered quietly, after all being apart for over seven years could change people...but she was determined to have Proteus still be her friend.
    xProteus
    xProteus

Post  xProteus Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:11 am

"Yes. My father, sadly, has passed away," Proteus confirmed solemnly with a gentle smile and soft eyes, silently assuring Odette he was alright. "It was a few years ago, and it was quick, so he didn't suffer," he explained to the blonde, watching as he lightly played with her hands against his chest. "My mother is doing alright now, as am I," he said gently cheerful as he turned his bright eyes back up to Odette's sapphire hues.

As Odette apologized then though, Proteus was a bit taken aback, and his eyes widened a bit in surprise. They did soften again though as he smiled lovingly amused down to her, leaning his forehead in to lightly rest against hers. Proteus' smile grew broader when Odette placed her hand on his cheek, and he brought his free hand up then and softly placed it atop hers, rubbing the back of it gently with his thumb as he lightly swung their other conjoined hands at their sides.

"You have nothing to apologize for," Proteus said softly but with authority, before placing a soft, tender kiss in the palm of Odette's hand, keeping his eyes locked with hers, a small smirk on his lips. He then slowly brought their hands down to their sides, interlacing their fingers as their hands came down. "But if you want to make it up to me, I mean, I won't say no," he continued playfully as he stood back up, light laughter in his tone, and shrugging lightly, and then smiling joyfully down at Odette as he started to swing their arms a bit more at their sides.
    Odette
    Odette

Post  Odette Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:22 am

Odette rolled her eyes up at him, "I was serious." She said even as her expression lightened. She gave his hands a light squeeze before she looked down, "Well I could show you around town sometime maybe." She suggested as she smirked up at him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:25 pm